resurrection (or i heart ottolenghi)

aaaaaand we're back.

i'm not even going to talk about how lazy we've been with this blog. instead i'm going to tell you about my new favourite thing: yotam ottolenghi. would that i could keep him on my mantel. in lieu of the actual miniaturised man in my house, i have his book, plenty, which was a christmas gift from that other man in my life. it is a glorious study on the world of vegetables and just thinking about it makes my tastebuds tingle. i took it for a spin on the weekend and made a collection of wintry mezze which we hoovered up with glee. the emotion, not the tv show.

on the menu:
caramelised fennel with sheep's curd (voted most elegant)
puy lentils dressed with yoghurt and spices (voted most flavoursome)
beetroot, orange and olive salad (voted most surprising)
kisir = bulghur pilaf with pomegranate molasses (voted most moreish)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home