artichokes!

as per usual, spring has me perplexed by the mere fact that seasonal change is possible, and i find myself wandering around the market saying things like 'holy shit, these vegetables are not only fresh, they're almost affordable!' and 'how the hell did i ever bike with these heels on anyways?' only to have those first few moments of wonder quickly once again fade into the everyday. it's kinda sad, really. so for those first couple of days when the sight of beautiful, fresh, tender baby artichokes is enough to make my heart stop, you gotta just run with it and have a little party. plus, this was a nice chance to try out a new recipe. (two hours prep time? totally not true.) i was singing a little song and licking my fingers all the way to the plate. except for that sad excuse for falafel. i'm not really sure what happened there.



remember our easter feast? when we made lemon pickle and all the chutneys and then that mango lassi with the cumin star? i was thinking about that this weekend. this year saw me feastless. by choice.

ps - these plates belong to the good doctor. i used to think they were hideous, being a white plate snob myself, but they're kinda starting to grow on me.
help.

1 Comments:

Blogger abigail said...

i am up to my ears in spargel. you know it's true. this year i have fully embraced the white asparagus thing and i'm doin it like a true german. yum.

18 May 2009 at 08:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home