busy weekend

in terms of eating, that is.

friday

sheila and i went back to musa and ordered a ridiculous amount of food.

the shining star was this cajun-spiced calamari. not rubbery at all, and resting on a bed of roasted vegetables, it went down a bit too easily.






saturday


corn season has officially begun here, and the markets are overflowing with beautiful beautiful ears of corn. these babies were four for two dollars. which, in euro speak, is free.







i also discovered a local beer that i like. and seeing as how i hate beer, this is quite something.

this mill st. brewery organic is light and somehow doesn't give me that "oh my god my belly is full of yeasty yeasty beer" feeling.

it also comes in cute little bottles.

and it went lovely with a littlebit of barbecue on





sunday


corn, two kinds of potato salad, chorizo sausage.

5 Comments:

Blogger abigail said...

nice photos han. the vegies are real pretty.

1 August 2007 at 17:24  
Blogger abigail said...

...and they remind me (oddly) of antalya and our little corner store.

1 August 2007 at 17:25  
Blogger hannah said...

me, too! about antalya! it made me all weepy-eyed.

1 August 2007 at 18:36  
Blogger hannah said...

oh and ps - the embarrassing truth as to why the pictures look a bit better is that i learned how to turn my flash off this weekend. before i had to do this crazy manual thing that involved me staying very still.

1 August 2007 at 18:38  
Blogger Alex said...

Oh MY GOD what I would give for a nice piece of FRESH corn on the cob.
tell you whut.

2 August 2007 at 13:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home